Monday 3 December 2012

Little Boxes of Sunshine

Don't you love Pinterest? I could spend hours browsing if I had the time.

And my time wouldn't be wasted, either. I've managed to glean quite a few good ideas. (That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!).

Like the box of sunshine from the Happy Money Saver blog (found here). I've had a great time compiling items for two boxes I sent over the last few weeks.

The first went to a friend who was having some surgery in the midst of complex health issues. I used a printable from the blog to explain what it was all about before she got to the contents themselves.


Inside the box I included lemonade, camomile tea, assorted confectionery (including M&Ms of course, which aren't pictured), a stress ball, soap, crossword book, sticky notes and other things I thought might come in useful if you weren't feeling well.


The second box was sent to a friend who lives in England, in the hope that it might cheer her up amid the gloom of a northern winter.

The picture isn't great (obviously the flash didn't work), but this time the box contained everyday items like a mug, tea, soap, tea towels, lemonade, a sunshine cookie cutter, honey, fabric flowers, and various chocolates, biscuits and other edibles.


I cut out a few sunshine shapes from yellow cardboard, to help convey the theme.


Unfortunately the box was a bit too heavy, and is making its way to England by ship. But it has all worked out well. The day after I mailed it, I heard that my friend will be in Brisbane over Christmas anyway!

So if you're reading this, Tracey - surprise! Your package should arrive sometime in January/February, when I figure it should still achieve it's intended goal.

The only trouble now is, whenever I'm in the shops, my eyes are automatically drawn to anything yellow. Anyone else for a box of sunshine?

No comments:

Post a Comment