Friday 28 December 2012

Charlotte's 1st Birthday

While I was posting yesterday about Charlotte's second birthday, I thought I'd look up the post about her first birthday.

That's when I realised there wasn't one.

Oops!

Somewhere in the fog of work, pregnancy, Christmas and moving house it seems I forgot about it.

So here it is, a year late!

We held a party on 18th December, 2011 for Charlotte's first birthday, which was also a kind of farewell to our house before we moved.

Despite being so busy, I wanted to make the invitations myself. The coral/peach tones in the paper really reminded me of Charlotte, which is how I chose the design.

One of Charlotte's 1st birthday party invitations.

The cake wasn't spectacular, but I tried to reference the floral shapes and lemon and peach colours of the invitation.

The cake.

There was, as usual, quite a spread of sweet and savoury finger food.

Yummy canapés.

It's not a party without cupcakes!

My parents kindly helped make the tissue paper decorations the night before. I had hoped to hang them above the table, but they ended up looking pretty where they were, and the balloons added the necessary height.

The table all decorated and laden with food.

Grace trying her best not to touch anything!

As is probably often the case with one year olds, Charlotte was pretty tired by the time we got around to cutting the cake.

"I don't feel like posing!"

A two level deck meant our friends had a great view of proceedings.

Charlotte's actual birthday (22nd December) was spent opening presents after breakfast, and playing with her new toys.

Charlotte spreading one of her presents with Vegemite!

Exploring her new activity table.

It is lovely to look back and see how much Charlotte has changed over the last year. Every milestone is important, and I'm glad I got a second chance to mark this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment