Sunday 28 July 2013

I'm Back!

It has been almost five months since my last post.

Five months during which I've missed documenting my life and thoughts. And hopefully, five months during which you've missed hearing from me.

My sudden silence doesn't have an easy explanation. Factors that played a part include a couple of unsuccessful IVF cycles, a trip interstate, less free time in the evening (due to lying with Grace to help her go to sleep), and discouragement.

To put it simply, I've been in a slump.


"And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done."
- Dr Suess


I wouldn't say I've managed to 'un-slump' myself just yet. That is still a work in progress. But I've come to realise that posting here regularly will help, rather than hinder, that task. 

This blog creates a record of our family life, and makes me more mindful of what is happening each day. It helps me organise my thoughts, process my feelings, and practise my writing skills. 

Most significantly, the simple act of writing a post is a statement of belief that my life and my thoughts are worth sharing. 

So watch this space ... there's more coming! 

2 comments:

  1. So good to read your post again! And what a cute bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denise! It's good to get a comment, too!

    ReplyDelete