Tuesday 1 January 2013

I'm Thankful For ...

I thought listing some of the things I had to be thankful for in 2012 would be a nice way to start the year.

"Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life." Robert Louis Stevenson.

Looking back on 2012, I am thankful for:

  • The birth of our beautiful, healthy new baby daughter, Lucinda. A labour that was quick and uncomplicated, and all those precious quiet moments feeding and holding her.
  • A husband who loves me, loves our children, works to provide for us, and is courageous enough to seek help when he needs it.
  • My two big girls, who bring a lot of joy and laughter to my life. We have our challenges, but I wouldn't change them for the world.
  • A new (to us) home with lots of space outside for the girls to play, friendly neighbours, and plenty of trees to feed my soul.
  • The support I received while Neil was in hospital, and again after my cancer surgery. It means a lot to have so many people who care.
  • A skilful surgeon who removed all my tumour, and left me with minimal scarring.
  • My parents, who came to visit (Mum for a month when Lucinda was due, and both later in the year) and show their support.
  • Several fun family weekends away - to Bright, Daylesford, Inverloch and Echuca, and a holiday with family in Brisbane.
  • Work that is rewarding, colleagues who are encouraging, and an office that is not too far from home.

And that is all without mentioning the 'basics' I take for granted, which so many in the world do not have.

"I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." Psalm 13:6, NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment