Friday 25 January 2013

A Holiday ... and No Holiday

Should you be wondering where I've been over the last couple of weeks ... I've been on holiday!

I'm sorry I didn't warn you about the impending hiatus in posts, but my list of things to do before we left was so long a few things had to give.

My husband, daughters and I flew to Brisbane in early January. We spent two weeks with my parents, hanging out a lot with my sister and her family, and catching up with friends. Lucinda was dedicated on the 12th January. And the girls LOVED being with their cousins.

All of this will feature in future posts. For now, here's a picture of my three girls with my sister's five children, all enjoying an ice cream together at Southbank (thanks, Grandma!).

The cousins enjoy an icecream together on a hot Brisbane day.

And now to the 'no holiday' bit ...

Yesterday I signed up to the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation program.

And so begins a new battle in this long standing war.

They say you should keep trying to quit smoking, because every attempt brings you closer to success. I guess the same is true with weight loss.

One of the pre season tasks involves committing to your goals, and telling others about them.

So, here it is ...

My long term (and I mean a couple of years!) goal is to lose 52.3 kg.

My short term goal (in the next 3 months) is to lose 20 kg.

As I said on Facebook, I begin this journey with a great deal of trepidation. I've had small victories in the past, but never won the war.

However, there is also determination. I will give it my best shot.

Maybe if I'm successful, I'll deserve another holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment