Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas Cupcakes

It seems this has been the season of cupcakes at our house.

For the Beginner's Sabbath School Christmas party at church I made some mini Christmas tree cupcakes. And I must admit, I was very proud of the results:

Mini Christmas tree cupcakes

I baked little lemon and sour cream cupcakes because I know they're a hit. The kids don't seem to go for Christmas spices that much.

A quick online search for Christmas tree cupcake images provided decoration inspiration. I piped some green buttercream icing on top to make the trees, and topped each with a candy star I'd found in Spotlight. Then I just sprinkled some hundreds and thousands on top for the decorations.

The finished product.

A few were slightly lopsided, but the kids didn't seem to mind!

Each Christmas since we've been married I have made something to give to our neighbours for Christmas. This year, it was reindeer cupcakes. Chosen as I was into the swing of cupcakes, and thought the girls would enjoy helping me make them.


A chocolate reindeer cupcake.

Once again, I used ideas from a couple of different websites, so don't have a link to share. But the cupcake is chocolate, and is iced in chocolate buttercream icing. The nose is a red M & M, and the antlers are mini pretzels.

I cheated a little bit for the eyes, and purchased some pre-made icing eyes (once again in the cake decorating section of Spotlight). Grace and Charlotte helped me put them on. Consequently, the reindeer are looking in all directions, and some of them look a little bit scared!

I packed them in little boxes, and Neil and the girls delivered them to some of the people on our street.

I wonder what we'll make next year?

1 comment: