Saturday 6 August 2011

'My Family' Book

Grace and Charlotte's grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins all live interstate, so for awhile I've planned to make a family book for them. This week I finally put it together.

I collected photos of as many family members as I could, and glued them to coloured card.



Then I wrote each person's name underneath, and laminated the pages with my handy new laminator.

Lastly, I punched holes and bound the sheets together with three rings, which are easy to open when I want to add or replace pages.



Grace loves reading through the book and naming all her family members, as well as telling me what she remembers about them (e.g. "Benny ... no spitting!").


As long as our family doesn't grow too big, we'll be fine. The laminated pages are wonderful and sturdy, but get pretty heavy when you put them all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment