Monday 1 August 2011

One Perfect Day

Well, almost. It still started well before 6:00 am, and there was the moment, after Charlotte had done a number three that required more wipes than a small container can hold, when I realised I'd forgotten to pack a change of clothes ... but I digress.

Yesterday morning Neil and the girls took me in to the Craft & Quilt Fair at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre. I spent over three hours filling my mind with inspiration and ideas, and filling my backpack with enough brochures, fabrics and patterns to last me for a very long time.

These are the two patterns I purchased, and the fabric I chose to make them with:




Aren't they cute? The giraffe will be for Charlotte, and the bowling buddies for Grace.

I also added a spectacular collection of other assorted fabrics to my stash. There were some good deals, and it isn't often I get the time to linger over choices like that. Now I can't wait to make something!


The girls didn't take long to get bored, so Neil took them home for the morning. But they came back to get me after lunch. It was such a beautiful, sunny day we decided to go on to Williamstown.


We went for a walk, getting blown about by the wind, and had fun on the playground equipment. Then there was just enough time for ice-creams (and a rusk for Charlotte) before heading home.





Two happy little girls, a Daddy who enjoyed spending all day with them, and one grateful and content Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment