Friday 7 February 2014

No Regrets: The End of our IVF Journey

My IVF journey is over.

Our family is complete.

Despite frequent and fervent prayer, little Bertie didn't stick.

We would have spent well over $10,000 in the last twelve months, giving each of our seven frozen embryos a chance at life and trying for a fourth little miracle.

I could tell myself I should have lost weight. Eaten differently. Meditated more. I could look back at each moment, trying to find where I went wrong.

But I'm not. I'm choosing to believe that it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm going to be extra gentle with myself as I go through the inevitable nausea, abdominal pain and emotional upheaval that a sudden withdrawal from high doses of hormone therapy brings.

I'm going to celebrate and enjoy the beautiful family that I have.

Photo by Chris Clinnick - the best professional photographer ever!

And I'm going to move into the future with confidence, knowing that I gave it my all.

No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment