Monday 9 December 2013

A Progesterone Pause

My recent absence was not a pregnant pause.

Claude didn't make it.

Neither did Penny.

RIP Penny.

Short for 'penultimate', she was about as lucky as any of the lucky pennies my friend Denise and I found while travelling in the USA.

We're planning a much needed break over Christmas before giving our very last little frozen embryo a chance in January.

The last two cycles have involved me taking 5 x 400 mg progesterone pessaries daily for about 16 days. At $4 each, that's expensive. It's a much higher dose than normal. And it is challenging.

While on the progesterone, I have experienced fatigue, nausea, bloating, constipation, breast tenderness ... essentially, I have felt pregnant. But I'm not.

Emotionally, I have become irritable. Less patient with the girls. Less patient with Neil.

I've felt flat. Down. So much so, that by the end of the cycle everything seems hopeless. I feel like I've been swallowed up by a huge cloud of despair.

I inserted my last progesterone pessaries this morning.

I'm looking forward to the cloud lifting.

I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment