Sunday 4 September 2011

A Moroccan Dinner

We had a couple of friends over for dinner last night. On Friday I was struggling to decide what to cook. Then I caught sight of the Australian Women's Weekly Moroccan cookbook Neil bought me a few months ago. Problem solved!

Neil kindly took the girls for a long walk around the lake to give me the afternoon free for cooking. I think I ended up roasting six eggplants in total, as well as doing a lot else. The recipes were generous, but leftovers aren't a bad thing!


Our menu follows. Unfortunately I didn't remember to take photos of everything. I usually like a substantial entree, because then there's often a break for about an hour while we get the girls bathed and in bed.

Entree:

  • Hummus (the recipe included freshly grated tumeric and honey)
  • Goat's cheese with chickpeas and capsicum
  • Toasted pita bread
  • Vegetarian cigars with harissa yoghurt

The most delicious hummus I've ever tasted! 
 Main:

  • Sweet & spicy vegetable tagine
  • Roasted vegetable couscous

Roast vegetable couscous

Sweet & spicy vegetable tagine
Dessert:

  • Lemon curd muffins (courtesy of Charmaine)
  • Fresh watermelon with yoghurt and mint
  • Charosets

Charosets (made of dates, raisins & walnuts)

This recipe book has quite a lot of vegetarian options. I'll definitely be using it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment