Tuesday 13 September 2011

Crafty Moses

Here is a photo of the craft I invented for the kids in Beginners Sabbath School a couple of weeks ago. I thought it made a nice change from the colouring-in sheets we are given to use.


I pre-cut squares of blue card, and green tissue paper for the reeds. I started off with a paper cupcake wrapper for the basket, but it collapsed too easily, which is why I ended up cutting up an egg carton instead. That worked really well.

There is a paper cupcake wrapper glued inside the carton (to bridge the gaps), and a cotton wool ball glued into that for the mattress. The little babies were easy to buy at the craft shop, and they and the scrap of material aren't attached, because the kids liked to take them out and cover them up again (repeatedly!).

The only problem is ... we are doing the story of Moses for a whole month! We did the colouring-in last week, so this week I'm trying to think of something different again. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment