Tuesday 13 August 2013

Take Two

Grace didn't like her library bag.

Apparently she isn't fond of spots. And she had expected it to be pink and yellow.

Fail.

To be fair, we went to a Spotlight sale recently where all the fabric was 40% off. I said everyone could choose one fabric, and we'd get half a metre of each. I chose a floral print, Charlotte chose a monkey print, and Grace chose two solid colours (I relaxed the rules a little) - pink and yellow. So I think she'd expected me to use those fabrics.

Friday afternoon I unpicked the first library bag (I figured I might as well use the fabric in something else, and I wasn't completely happy with how I'd sewn the opening for the drawstring), and on Sunday night I had another go.

Here is take two:

A pink and yellow library bag (on a very busy tablecloth!).

This time I googled how to make a drawstring bag, and found some great simple instructions here. I used double sided interfacing to iron on the yellow stripes, and again hand stitched around them with a simple running stitch.

Unfortunately I didn't have any pink thread, and the white thread highlights the problems I'm still having with my sewing machine:


The sewing machine has tension problems that can't be rectified.

But I don't think Grace notices, with the drawstring pulled it isn't too obvious, and well .... I don't have much choice!

I'm pleased to report that Grace happily took this bag to kindy with her yesterday. So take two is a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment