Sunday 1 January 2012

Charlotte's Dedication

Back on the 10th December, 2011 (I told you I was behind with posts!) Charlotte was dedicated at Nunawading Seventh-day Adventist Church by my father, who is a retired pastor. He also dedicated Grace in 2010.

Before the service, we were able to show just a few photos on a powerpoint, but not the slide show with backing music we had done for Grace.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of us all up the front, but I can assure you we looked great! Charlotte had a rusk sticking out of her mouth like a cigar, but it kept her quiet ... up until she dropped it on the floor just before the prayer. With so many people watching I didn't think I could pick it up and stick it back in, so she was a little bit noisy just towards the end. But what do you expect from an 11-month old?!

After the service, we had some friends around for lunch. Most contributed a yummy dish to our buffet, and it was a pretty low-key, relaxed event. A bit different to the big party we had for Grace's dedication!

The other thing that was different was the cake. Not having the spare cash to afford a bought one, I tried my hand at making one instead. It was a Greens Chocolate Mud Cake packet mix, which was delightfully moist. The exterior looked a bit amateurish, but not bad for my first effort, I thought!


The girls seemed excited by it, and the kids definitely lined up while it was being cut to sample a piece.




I was pleased with the little take-home gifts I made for the people who came to lunch. They were cranberry and white chocolate cookies (bought from Safeway, I have to confess!) in little bags, with a sticker that included a photo of Charlotte.


It probably isn't easy to read on the photo, but the text reads:

"I was placed in your care from birth. From my mother's womb you have been my God." Psalm 22:10

It is my hope that Charlotte will never experience a time of not knowing God and his incredible love for her. I grew up that way, and feel very fortunate to have done so. I hope I can show her that she is very special, that God has a plan for her, and that He is always with her. I can't think of a better legacy to leave a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment