Sunday 3 June 2012

Bags for the Big Sisters

I want to be able to give Grace and Charlotte each a little gift when their new baby sister is born, to mark the occasion for them.

When Charlotte was born, Grace received a Baby Bjorn doll with clothes, nappies and a bottle.

This time, I have collected two books each (about being a big sister, or having a little sister), a soft newborn baby doll with a wrap for Charlotte, and a little Sylvanian family baby with cot, high chair and pram for Grace.

I'm not sure where the idea came from, but I decided to make them each a bag to hold their gifts.

I bought plain calico bags from Spotlight, and appliqued their names on. This is how they turned out:



I'm pretty pleased with that. The girls might be a big young to appreciate it all, but at least I can feel like I've made something nice for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment