Thursday 20 October 2011

Why?

Today is Thursday, so our house was open for inspection this afternoon.

It can be stressful getting everything clean and tidy (and staying that way). I wonder ...

  • Why did Grace wake up at 5:00 am today, when she normally stays asleep until about 6:30 am?
  • Why did Grace decide today was the day to repeatedly take off her nappy and want to use the potty like her friends (with several resultant accidents)?
  • Why is it that when you need to take the children for a long drive, the fuel tank is always less than quarter full?
  • Why did my usually sensitive nose not smell trouble before I took Charlotte out of her car seat, and ended up with poo up to my elbows and all over my t-shirt?
  • Why is there only ever three wipes left in the packet when you experience a nappy explosion when out and about?
  • Why would a two-year-old insist on wearing her plastic raincoat (done up and with the hood on) on a hot, dry 30-degree day?
  • Why do two-year-olds take their seatbelt off as soon as you get onto a freeway?

But then again, I could also wonder ...

  • Why do my children think I'm wonderful, despite my mistakes?
  • Why does a two-year-old who recently threw a tantrum not hold a grudge?
  • Why are children so trusting, so affectionate, so happy?
  • Why am I so fortunate to have two beautiful daughters, when people just as worthy are unable to have children?

One thing I don't have to wonder. Would I change my life? Never!

No comments:

Post a Comment