Wednesday 2 November 2011

A Knitting Tribute

Neil's Aunty Margaret died last week, just a month shy of her 91st birthday. Her funeral was on Friday.


This is a picture (taken on my mobile) of the girls in the car on the way to the funeral. They are each wearing one of the four cardigans Margaret knitted for them when they were born.

I was so pleased I thought to dress them like that. In total there were seven children at the funeral and/or refreshments afterwards, and all were in Margaret-knitted attire. One of the mums attempted a photograph, but with three of the seven under 12-months-old, it was a bit of a challenge!

I will really miss Margaret. I think our whole family will. We enjoyed popping over to visit her, or ringing to tell her our news. She took great interest in the girls. Here is a photograph of her when she visited to meet Charlotte for the first time.


Margaret was a determined lady, with spirit and a sense of adventure. She was dedicated to family, and loved her knitting. I enjoyed her company on birthdays, Christmas and other occasions over the last eight years that I have known Neil and his family. True to the meaning of her name, she really was a "pearl".

No comments:

Post a Comment