Monday 29 July 2013

Felt Bird Keyring

It was my friend Nevila's birthday yesterday.

I had been looking forward to attending the Craft & Quilt Fair, but ended up staying home due to a lack of finances. So I thought - instead of looking at crafts, why not make something?

This felt bird keyring was a kit from a Mollie Makes magazine I purchased recently (a fantastic magazine, if you're not familiar with it). All I needed was some Bondaweb and stuffing. The instructions were simple, and I was really pleased with how it turned out.




I customised the keyring by sewing a felt patch on the back. On the patch, I embroidered "Math. 6:26", a reference to the words of Jesus:

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"





I got myself a little bit confused by embroidering straight onto the patch without writing the text out first. So it looks a little primitive, and "Matt." turned into "Math." by mistake. Still, it's the thought that counts, right?

I wrapped some fresh pumpkin scones (still warm from the oven) in a blue tea towel with white polka dots, added the keyring and a card, and Grace and I dropped off the package in the afternoon.

Another handmade gift done. I'm not sure how great it is for the recipient, but I find the process very satisfying and rewarding.

(A quick word of apology to those friends and family who are yet to receive a gift from me this year. My efforts are a little patchy. But I haven't forgotten you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment