Sunday 17 July 2011

Dolls House Rediscovered

I am fortunate to have very creative and capable parents, who made me a wonderful dolls house when I was young. Over the years they kept it, then gave it to me to pass on to my children.

The dolls house needs a little bit of renovation, and we have stored it in a spare wardrobe for the last few years, intending to do it up and give it to Grace when she is a little older.

Today we needed to move it to rearrange our storage. We planned to wrap it up and put it under the house for another twelve months or so ... then Grace saw it!



It is an A-frame house with removable roof panels. There are two rooms downstairs (one with a built in fireplace), and two rooms upstairs. As you can see, it comes complete with a staircase and a balcony, and is very cute.

There was also a box with several dolls, dolls clothes, and furniture items. I quickly hid the Barbies, as I don't want Grace exposed to those just yet. But there were two little dark-haired dolls which she spent hours putting in and out of bed, sitting on chairs, and getting me to help her dress and undress.



I have no idea what type of dolls these are (if you know, please tell me), but the beds were made to fit them, and there were two or three sets of clothes to fit as well.

The dolls clothes we have are quite old and worn out, and the furniture is mismatched and incomplete. But at this stage Grace doesn't mind. It is so nice, if a bit surreal, to see her deriving pleasure out of playing with something I played with as a child.

It brought back a lot of happy memories seeing the dolls and their furniture, and the clothes mum helped my sister and I make for them.

I'm looking forward to making a whole new set of memories with Grace and Charlotte over the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment