Thursday 14 July 2011

Crafty Stress Management Course

Back in May, I attended a great course called Crafty Stress Management. It was held in the studio at Fertile Ground Health Group in East Melbourne, and was run by Sue Halliday from Crafting Health.

I've always loved craft, but hadn't made time for it in my busy schedule since having children. It was exciting to rediscover and expand my crochet skills, and practise some simple stitching. More than that, it was inspiring to meet Sue and the other participants and share ideas.

One night a week for six weeks (I was only able to attend the first four) we met to learn craft skills and discuss various stress management techniques. Mindfulness was a particularly strong theme, and I was reminded how relaxing the simple process of crafting can be. The other main point I took away from the course was that what I make doesn't have to be perfect. It's OK to be wonky!

Our first project was a small crochet heart, followed by crochet granny squares, and then stitching an inspirational phrase. While I finished my stitching awhile ago, I only just framed it tonight, hence the blog post.



Since doing the course, I've been trying to regularly spend time working on small craft projects, and it really has given me a great deal of pleasure.

If you'd like to find out more about Crafting Health or the next Crafty Stress Management course, click on the link below:

Crafting Health

No comments:

Post a Comment