Wednesday 29 June 2011

What's in a Name?

And so, to explain the title of my blog.

"red curls" ...

Grace (2 years)

Charlotte (6 months)

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? My two beautiful daughters both have red hair. Grace has a lovely head of bouncy curls, and it remains to be seen if Charlotte will follow suit.

"and pearls" ...



It rhymes! And the pearl is apparently my birthstone. But there's more to it than that.

I kind of like the fact that a precious jewel can be found inside something that looks ordinary and unattractive. I like that an irritant can be transformed into something beautiful. And I like the fact that valuable gems are there to be found, if you are willing to take the time to look for them.

I'm hoping to take that time, and share some pearls with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment