Thursday 26 July 2012

A Reading Nook

I was browsing Pinterest (as you do!) for playroom ideas when I first saw photographs of various reading corners set up for children.

They varied widely, but most included shelves where books could be displayed and chosen by the cover rather than the spine.

The next time I was in Ikea, I purchased two little shelves, and they were finally installed on Monday. I raced out and got a little rug and beanbag, and there is now a reading nook in Charlotte's room.


Grace and Charlotte didn't waste any time in trying it out.


It's not actually in a corner, just tucked in a vacant spot between the furniture. But hopefully it is comfortable enough to keep them interested in reading frequently.

One thing I have noticed. They are much better at putting books back on this sort of shelf than the other ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment