Sunday 3 February 2013

A Simple Tote Bag

Here is another handmade gift.

The completed tote bag.

This one I whipped up over a couple of hours last night, and gave to my friend Donna today for her birthday. It is a tote bag, which I thought might be useful as she commutes by train several days a week, and loves to read and do crosswords.

For this project I followed the instructions in Lotta Jansdotter's book, 'Simple Sewing'. I needed to concentrate to work out exactly what to do sometimes, but was surprised at how quickly it came together.

My inspiration this time.

My sewing machine is still having problems, but there were only a few loose stitches evident on the bag so I figured I could get away with it. The applique was inspired by one of the photographs in the book.

Details of the sewing.

Some decorative appliqued leaves.

I liked this bag so much, I think I might try to make myself one.

If I can find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment