Friday 8 February 2013

A Pantry Overhaul

One of the things I'm liking about the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) program is the "pre-season tasks".

You are required to do things like list the excuses you may use not to exercise or eat well, then think of ways to deal with them; set goals and tell other people about them (see my 'A Holiday and No Holiday' post); and purchase whatever exercise equipment you may need so you are all ready to start.

One of the tasks I found most useful was the "kitchen makeover". Not that I had a lot of 'bad' stuff in there - it wouldn't last that long! But my pantry was due for a spring clean and organisation, and it made sense to stock up on the things I would be needing later on.

Some of the new look tidy shelves.

I removed some items like corn chips and biscuits - and promptly did the wrong thing and ate them to use them up! It seemed like such a waste otherwise! I also turfed out anything that was past it's 'use by' date. Then I organised the remaining items more neatly.

The pink storage box contains the children's snacks.

Following a tip from my sister, I placed the ice cream cones, Tiny Teddy biscuits and other children's snacks in a plastic storage box with opaque sides, so I don't see them every time I open the door.

Now it is easy to see at a glance which items are running low.

My pantry is a walk-in one in reasonably original condition (we painted it when we moved in), but it has plenty of space. The shelves are deeper than I can reach, and with everything more organised it looks a bit sparse!

My special 12WBT folder (without a pretty cover as yet).

I've set myself up with a folder to contain the exercise and nutrition plans and shopping lists we will be given during the 12WBT, and given it pride of place in the pantry.

I love tidy cupboards!

It is great to have sorted out the pantry. The fridge and freezer also received attention, but they are sorted out more frequently so the change wasn't quite so dramatic.

Today I took my weight and measurements, and completed the last of my pre-season tasks. My new life starts on Monday.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment