Saturday 16 February 2013

A Pair of Personalised Baby Bibs

A friend of mine gave birth to twin boys on Wednesday.

We're going to visit them in the hospital tomorrow.

They were born at around 37 weeks, and were good weights at birth. I'm sure they will thrive - although things might be a bit tough for their parents over the next few months! The couple already have two sons, aged five and three-and-a-half.

I purchased the twins a CD of worship songs and lullabies, and decided to make them each a personalised bib. While I didn't know their gender, I obviously knew they were expected, and had purchased the bibs already. I was just waiting for more details before getting out my cross stitch books.

A pair of matching personalised bibs for the twins.

It is cheating a little bit to purchase rather than sew the bibs, but given how far behind I am with my gifts for all the people with birthdays in February, I thought the compromise was justified!

I have quite a few books of cross stitch designs, alphabets and borders. I ended up drawing up my own design, based on a train in one book and an alphabet in another. I think it came together OK.

A train for Noah ...

... and a train for Aaron.

Having faced not being able to cross stitch again after thumb reconstructions a few years ago, it was lovely to find that I can still do it - and pain free, too! The only problem was, I'd forgotten how long it takes!

I hope my friend will appreciate a gift that is fairly basic and simple, but personal and made with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment